Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Been A Month... Sorry

But holy shit, gang, I'm leaving tomorrow.

I was driving the other day and remembered last year when I posted about "Not knowing where I'd be sleeping a year from now". Haha, that shit is quaint.

But I'm leaving tomorrow.Starting Saturday night, I will be a resident of Washington, DC. And a college student. And fuck, I forgot to register for an absentee ballot. I'm going to the most politically active college campus in the nation and I'm not going to be voting? Huzzah, great planning.

But my shit is mostly packed. And at lunch tomorrow, I'm gone. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited; excited to be leaving Acworth, excited to be starting college, excited to be moving to DC. But I don't think any parting words of advice or sad goodbyes (haven't gotten any of those; rather cut off since I hit a deer with my car) could have prepared me for this.

Ryan doesn't live here any more.

Thinking back to that year-ago post, here's what's changed since then:

  • I began senior year... Graduated. No longer a factor.
  • Applying to college... Accepted, chose a school. No longer a factor.
  • Got my license... Wrecked my car. No longer a factor.
  • Got a girlfriend... We broke up.* No longer a factor.

Everything that's occupied my mind in the past year has pretty much evaporated. Sometimes i wish I was level-headed enough to remember these little pearls of wisdom.

"Everything I've had, one day,
will fall apart and fade away"
- Angelina, The Bravery


*In case you're worried, it was planned and mutual. Distance is... Well, it's not exactly a new obstacle, right? And we still talk, and write, and e-mail... So it's all good.

1 comment:

Yedna said...

Well, a clean slate certainly is a wonderful thing, and is sounds like you've got one. I wish you the best of luck in DC. BTW, did you know DC stands for Da Capital? It's true!

Hope you'll continue your blog from school CD, as I've enjoyed following your adventures. Be sure to say goodbye to that Georgian Bigfoot corpse before you go.

Best of luck,

-Andy
(Yedna)