Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Am A Cocky Braggart

Currently Listening To: Dope Nose by Weezer
So yesterday, somebody told me that I was "out of line" by waving around my SAT scores. "Waving around" meaning posting a myspace bulletin about it. I don't really feel like I was waving it around. I mean, the subject line pretty clearly said "SAT". If you were expecting, say, something besides SATs, well, you're an idiot. If you don't want to hear about SAT scores for whatever reason (which is not an issue), don't read it. Simple, no? But apparently...

My theory, as assholish as it sounds, is that, this person, who constantly talks about college and grades and how everything's already been planned by him to a point, is angry because a slacker like me did better than him. Not by a lot. His score was good. Mine was just a little better. And when we both take it a second time, his might go up and mine might go down. But to say that I'm wrong for announcing it (and only to those who actually care to read about it) is just stupid.

It's really sad to see someone that I used to respect descend into suckiness. Maybe I'm like this too. Maybe everyone is. But it seems like he's made several 180 turns in the past year. Joke-cracking asshole (in the best way possible) to Bible-thumber to college-obsessed... person. And he's completely oblivious. I know this doesn't really reflect well on my character/quality as a friend, but how can you stick with someone when they change that much? And when they're that obnoxious to be around? He really isn't the same person at all as when I met him in middle school, or the same person as he was freshman year. And it may have been wrong to "erase" him (and bad mouth him on the internet, but then again I'm not good for much else), but...

[this is where I lost my train of thought]

So yeah. It's tough to be around him, but he's oblivious. All I seem to do lately is struggle with letting people down easy.

No comments: