Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Very Own Communism Post

Currently Listening To: No, Not Now by Hot Hot Heat(The song I quoted several posts back)
Every year at Kanuga, they have a little Carnival. It gets lamer and lamer every year, not necesarily because the carnival itself is different, but moreso because a cookie walk when you're 15 is not nearly as fun as when you're six, no matter how fat you is. Another activity I had labeled as lame but turned out to be a great source of entertainment is the face paint booth, hosted by Abby, who is supafly. The discussion of what would likely not be painted on your face if you asked came up. Someone suggested the Star of David, I suggested the Hammer and Sickle. We went and tried both. The Star of David was rejected, but the Hamma en Sickeh was go. Yes, I had the symbol for Communism "tattooed" in bright red on my face in the middle of North Carolina. That was the night we went to the movies. I went with the thing still on my face. Feel free to kiss my feet if you ever get the chance, I'm a bad ass.

I took a few pictures, but they were lost because SOMEBODY filled up the camera's memory card with motherfucking MYSPACE PICTURES. OUT OF FOCUS PICTURES AND APATHETIC POSES AREN'T COOL. THEY HAVE NO ARTISTIC MERIT WHATSOEVER. TAKE A NORMAL PICTURE YOU DUMBASS. I think there is a picture on one of the disposables with the painting, but still. Many thanks to Abby for taking a class about Russia so she actually knew what I was talking about and how to do it!

Did you know tag is banned at public schools? This makes me hate Commies even more. Sure, banning tag isn't one of the tennents of Communism, especially considering it's a political ideal and not a parenting technique, but I idolize McCarthy, so Communists are my scapegoat of choice.

My face paint caused a tad bit of controversy. I was saying the second paragraph when someone brought up the first. I didn't get it because I am a Communist, I did it for shock value! SHOCK FACTOR! Damn people. It doesn't take too much sense to realize that I am quite the little capitalist. I buy stuff all the time! NOT A COMMIE. I have no issue with peaceful communists, but I am not one.

No comments: