Monday, November 06, 2006

Why is Heroes the Best Show Ever?

Recent studies cite the fact that the producers dip every reel of film from each day's shoot in a vat of pure liquid awesome.

Speaking of Heroes, it is a distinct possibility that I in fact have superpowers, and I'm not talking about my sex appeal. Today in English I moved something with my mind. Well, not really, but apparently I did, because Mr. Saunders pretty much blamed a clock with apparent sentimental value falling to its doom on me. So pretty much Esa and I are sitting there by the open door and the God-clock when it just kind of fell. I don't know what caused it to fall. I wasn't watching as it did; I didn't even notice it until it was on the ground, in pieces. I do know, however, that neither Esa nor I touched the filing cabinet and that the door was open so a gust of wind knocking it down is not completely outside the realm of possibility. Anyways, it falls, breaks, I don't respond pretty much at all. Then he goes and gets all immature about it. "Oh, don't worry, that totally didn't have any sentimental value at all. I've only had it for twenty years and it was only given to me by one of my favorite students..." YAWN. I suppose I would see where he was coming from if it wasn't tucked away over all by its lonesome behind a tub of chalk that gets less love than Tom Cruise.

What pisses me off most is that I didn't do anything and yet he gave me all this shit. Maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion. Whatevskis. But THEN, to top it off, after he picked up the glass, he looked over my shoulder, saw that I had a Macbeth summary thing printed off and punched me in the back of the head. He was all, "Don't bring that, you need to bring the actual book. The plot doesn't matter!" completely overlooking the fact that my copy of Macbeth, which I actually have been reading, unlike everyone esle in that class, was right there. Gah.

I'm thinking of buying him a clock. But the catch will be, it's already broken. That would be a good'un. OR I could buy him a lawn gnome. Those are badass.

No comments: