Monday, January 08, 2007

Dream Journal 3

Currently Listening To: This Is Everything by Tegan and Sara (Yes, I am an angry lesbian rawker)
So I had another really, really weird dream. But this time, there was no teleportation or anything. It was weird because my dream was a teenage romance movie. The "movie" starts off with me eating dinner with this girl. This is, in fact, a real girl, who I will not name for one reason or another. If you get really curious, leave me a comment and I'll e-mail you. Anyways, we're eating at a Panera-type place. We get to talking about a mutual friend, who is on a date. "Speaking of dates," I say, "What are you doing on Saturday?"
"Going on a date with you." (or something like that)
So we do. It's great. The two of us are really happy together. The next slice of the dream is the "happy relationship" montage. We do happy-relationship things, like go on dates and enjoy ourselves. We progress six months or so. I am sitting at my computer, burning a CD. It finishes and I put it in an envelope. At this point, I don't know what's on it. But when she recieves it and listens to it, I realize what songs are on it. The first is "Some Day You Will Be Loved" by Death Cab. The rest are in a similar vein. I never speak to her again.

I really have become a chick.

Our new English teacher is simply ridiculous. He really doesn't realize we can read. I assure you, what Saunders did is far outweighed by the underestimation of the entire class. I mean, he didn't end up in jail. What more can you ask for? We spent like three days on one poem, which was pretty cut-and-dry, since poems now only mean exactly what they say.

I keep seeing commercials for Epic Movie, and it looks funny, but they need to stop trying to act like these movies are really making fun of the genre in the title. Regardless of your political/social views, Brokeback and 8 Mile weren't horror, and Borat was anything but epic.

No comments: