Sunday, January 28, 2007

Me? A Soul? No Way!

Currently Listening To: Ketang by Kasabian
There was an event at school that I am shocked and appalled at myself for forgetting; Cosgrove got expelled.

I hate Cosgrove. To me, he's just a colossal asshole. I've been awful to him, but that was long after he was even worse to me. And even when we were "cool", he still treated me like shit. But despite this, I feel really, really bad for him. Getting expelled, no matter how you look at it, isn't something you want on your college application. So because of a stupid mistake... At the age of seventeen... He has to live with the consequences, and the consequences of those consequences five, ten and twenty years on down the road? Where is the justice in that? Sure, he screwed up, and in a huge way, but no one deserves that. Not even Cosgrove.

I was (unfortunately) talking to a gnome who rides THE BUS about it. This little trog has succeded, in his five-or-so months of going to school here, in making just about everyone hate him; let me tell you, people don't make fun of him because he is short, they use his height as a means of teasing him because he is an obnoxious know-it-all. So far, I've avoided tossing any height jokes at him, but that makes me in the minority. I still argue with him pretty much every day on the bus, but try not to sully my fantastic reputation by saying, "Shut up, midget" as a comeback.
Cosgrove, however, called him that... pretty much all the time. So I was talking with other people on the bus/arguing with the little guy, and when that came up, he expressed a fair bit of happiness. I suppose I can understand that, but then I posed the question I asked above: Does anyone really deserve that? He said, of course, "because he was mean to me". Aside from the fact that that is incredibly egotistical to say, that's just ridiculous. I said, "Should one mistake before you can even vote dictate the entire rest of your life?" Being the irrational moron that he is, he responded, "Yes." Being the quick venom-spitter that I am, I immediately said, "That sounds very Republican of you," put my headphones on and looked in the other direction. I am very mature, as you can see.
I guess I should elaborate on the Republican comment. Earlier, he had been talking about how great a job Bush was doing. Pretty much everyone agreed when I said that that was pure poppycock and he said I was sounding like a Democrat. Psh.

No comments: