Saturday, January 22, 2005

"Shut up Tina, we all know I'm training to become a cagefighter."

This week, Clive Dangerously hates... people who don't know who Heather Langenkamp is.

No, but seriously, This week, Clive Dangerously hates... people who misquote Napoleon Dynamite. If you misquote UHF, fine, whatever, doesn't bother me all too much. Misquote Soul Plane and no one can tell the difference. But when you misquote Napoleon Dynamite, there's the problem. It's bad enough that people are constantly repeating select lines from the movie, but some of the dumbasses at my school manage to completely butcher pieces of dialogue by combining scenes. Not too long ago, I saw a little kid on AIM's profile. Would you like to know what one of the quotes was?

Too bad. It was " Tina u fat lard come eat ham!"

That was completely, utterly, absolutely unaltered in any form or fashion. It's like when South Park first came out, and all the kids in my grade would try and sound cool by showing their "vast" "knowledge" of the show. But instead, the combined the characteristics of all the kids so one would think it was a show about a fat, poor Jewish kid who dies every episode and has an abusive sister. (PLEASE NOTE: I did watch it when I was 7, but only because my brother made me. my theory is that if we were ever caught, he would some how shift part of the blame off of him so his punishment would be less severe.) But anyways, back to my unsupported rant: Do us all a favor and quit quoting that damned movie. Find another movie to ruin.

No comments: