Sunday, February 12, 2006

CNN.com - Netflix sends frequent renters to the back of line - Feb 10, 2006

Here's my favorite line:
Hastings said the company has no specified limit on rentals, but "`unlimited' doesn't mean you should expect to get 10,000 a month."

Hate to break it to you, but unlimited DOES mean you can expcet that many each month. Unlimited=no limits=no set number of DVDs you can rent. That being said, I have zero experience with NetFlix, and I don't plan to until Sclockbuster goes under. I like the spontaneous-ness of real-world renting. Most of the movies we rent are kind of spur-of-the-moment, and if I got the movie I wanted everytime I wanted one, I would have seen far fewer movies. Blockbuster is like a sibling. Most of the time you really wish you didn't have to live with it, but in the end you realize that not only do you underappreciate it, your life sucks a lot without it.

No comments: