Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I Hate Everything

Currently Listening To: Don't Want To Stay by Rock Kills Kid
So this morning, as usual, I check CNN's site to see what kinds of fabolos things went down whilst I was asleep. Top story? Miss USA keeps her crown despite underage drinking record, or some bullshit to that extent. Even worse, the person threatening to take her crown was The Donald. That douchebag is so full of himself. This story somehow takes presedence over the current WAR GOING ON IN THE MIDDLE EAST. TWO MEN TRAPPED ATOP A MOUNTAIN, POTENTIALLY DEAD. CHILDREN ORPHANED IN NEW ORLEANS. A DISEASE OUTBREAK IN A HOSPITAL. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? At least Angelina Jolie's "Wah-wah, boo-hoo, paparazzi" routine was at the bottom of the top stories list. Shouldn't be on it at all, but the bottom is a start. Then again, it was probably number one at three this morning. Get your fucking priorities straight.

I am also really fucking tired of the whole "War on Christmas" schpiel (I know that's not how it's spelled; I put in my best effort; sue me). First of all, Christians have been dominant/the majority in America since Eurotrash started dropping Indians four hundred years ago. We are not under attack; there is not imminent destruction/doom of the Christian religion. The ACLU removing some creche sets from the town square is definitely overshadowed by any suffering or persecutions Christians recieved whilst the movement was in its infancy.
Second, "Happy Holidays" is only PC if you want it to be. Anyone who can count cane see that Christmas Eve and Christmas alone are two holidays, meaning plural, meaning "we need an s". Throw in Advent, Epiphany and anything else related to Christmas and you have... a holiday season. WOW. But I suppose you'd have to know ANYTHING about your own fucking religion to realize that you whiny bunch of motherfuckers.
Third, Christmas, despite what ToysRUs would have you believe, isn't the "big" holiday for Christians, or at least it shouldn't be. Despite how astounding a girl having a baby without any sort of sex is, it's irrelevant to the religion. Jesus could have just fallen from the skies; how he got here doesn't matter. What does matter is what HE did. Performing miracles and then dying on the cross. Of course, seeing as Easter isn't as present-intensive as Christmas, people tend to ignore it.
Fourth, FUCK YOU, BILL O'REILY. FUCK YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR. YOUR VIEWERS ARE MINDLESS DRONES WHO HANG ON YOUR EVERY WORD. YOU ARE EVERYTHING I HATE ABOUT WESTERN SOCIETY. THERE IS NO FUCKING WAR ON CHRISTMAS. WHY DON'T YOU GO SHIT ON SOME OTHER BASIC RIGHT GUARANTEED TO EVERYONE IN AMERICA. I REALLY FUCKING HATE YOU AND IF THE ONLY THING SIGNIFICANT IN MY LIFE TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN WAS YOU MIRACULOUSLY READING THIS, I COULD DIE HAPPY.



So I had an awesome day yesterday. I went to work with my dad for half the day so I could meet up with Claire, Matt and Jackie for most of the day and then go see the Killers. I had a lot of fun, even if the Killers have a serious God Complex and their first song sounded like ABBA. I felt compelled to put this in here to negate the serious suburban teen angst I let out above. AND I got a Snakes On A Plane poster at the theater on Sunday. And I realized the best way to make people indiscriminantly not care what you have to say is to tell them that you enjoyed Snakes on a Plane.

No comments: