Sunday, February 27, 2005

i hate awards show

Whoa, it's Oscar night! This is EXCITING. It's like in school, when they give out all those awards to athletes. There are tons of kids eligible, yet it's the same three or four kids winning all the awards. Here it's gonna be "Inspirational Sports Movie #8153", "Biographical Movie Marketing Off Of A Man's Death #84", "Biographical Movies Made Successful Solely Because Of Big Star In Starring Role #5274 &5275" and "Movie About Wine. Yeah, Wine" for Best Picture. And get this: FOUR of those five are also up for Best Actor! If you look at the list of the nominations, most of them have at least one of those five. And Kill Bill didn't receive a SINGLE nomination. I wouldn't be complaining if Kill Bill had gotten a nomination for best movie evah!!!!, or best movie to feature Daryl Hannah having her eyes plucked out, or best movie to have a Chinese guy with a long beard indirectly teach Uma Thurman how to escape from a coffin six feet under ground. But no, those categories don't exist.
The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that so many people are going to watch it, yet the majority of these movies are movies most people have never heard of, and will likely never see. And why do people care so much about what Joan Rivahs thinks about everyone's dress? She's like, "Oh my goawd, look at that deress!!!" And I'm like, "I don't care." And so I kill her. She has the most annoying voice ever. It's like Fran Drescher's voice, but older. And then everyone's all upset about Chris Rock's comments about the show. Well what did you expect? Or was he picked by a bunch of old people hoping to appeal to a younger audience (the current one is bound to die off soon), completely oblivious to the fact that that's what Chris Rock is all about.

If you have ever participated in "Odyssey of the Mind", read no further. Seriously, or you will be offended. I know you're still going to read it, but I'll make it so you have to highlight it so you are less likely to read it.



This weekend, I was forced to go to a very dumb competition my sisters were participating in. Here's the premise: you're given a problem to solve and you must solve it in an eight minute skit with a budget of about $100 American. The kids there.. Well... Yeah. The elementary school age kids were the Pokemon-Yugioh types, except for the kids like my sisters. Obnoxious, annoying attention whores. The middle school age kids were the "proud to be weird" types and the high school kids were Goth types. I was shocked to not hear anyone preaching about conformity. Needless to say, I was the coolest kid there and bored out of my mind. TEN HOURS we spent there. TEN HOURS. TEN HOURS I spent hearing all this bullshit about creativity and whatnot. They always have this thing called the "Creativity Celebration". Basically, it's a "breakdancing" competition. I used quotes to stress the fact that none of them were bad ass enough to REALLY breakdance. I could have pwnz0rxxed them all, but I showed a lot of mercy/restraint. But anyways, these people are always preaching about creativity and how creative they are, and it really pisses me off. Talk about narcissism. If the term "elitist pricks" were in the dictionary, one would probably read the entry and think of those people. They fail to realize that if you are all the same, you are no longer creative. I used to think my sister was creative and annoying, but now she is just annoying, because yesterday I witnessed a middle school filled with people exactly like her, but a little different.

No comments: