Tuesday, December 20, 2005

CNN.com - Hundreds gather for Williams' funeral - Dec 20, 2005

I could go on for hours about this too. He committed a crime and needed to be punished, but I don't think killing him was the right thing to do. The more modern term for 'prison' is correctional facility or something like that, and you can't expect people to change by killing them. The only change in them is the fact that now, they're dead. From the sounds of it, the 20+ he spent in the slammer was enough for him to realize he'd done wrong. But still, they kilt him. That's not good. This does not mean I believe that "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" BS. An eye for an eye leaves two people without an eye because once the criminal has his eye taken out, it's even. But I still think that killing bad people solves the problem. Evil begets evil. Tookie's death is just going to make gang members angry and violent. And I just proved myself wrong. Whatever, I don't mind contradicting myself. It's no biggie.

No comments: