Saturday, December 17, 2005

iRony

Currently Watching: Firefly
Anti-smoking/drug commercials, in my mind, define irony. The message behind pretty much all of the commercials is "It's cool to not do drugs because people only do drugs to be cool to begin with." Why is it that everything has to be cool? Why can't people do things becuase they honestly believe in it or truly want to do it? I was reading an article the other day about how Jesus/Christianity has become so cool and it made me sick. Not only because so many kids just go to church to fit in, but also that these preachers and priests are advocating it. Desperation to get people to come to church is, in my mind, fueled by greed. They don't want these kids to come to church to 'save' them or whatever. They want them to come so their parents come and they want their parents to drop some dimes in the collection plate. This is just like getting kids to not smoke/do drugs because they think it's cool to not do them. Then they become the zombies they would hvae become if they fried their brains on acid. They're still not thinking for themselves, which is worse than kids being addicted to nicotene in my mind.

While we're on the subject of coolness, if you want to beat the bandwagon to the next cool music channel, grab the remote,
drop FUSE, and go to IMF. All the cool kids will be doing it shortly. This way, you can be all, "I watched IMF before it was cool." Don't worry about actually listening to the music. It's good(equal ammounts of all types of music but country) but you weren't listening to the music on FUSE...

or MTV2...

or MTV to begin with.

EDIT: I was re-reading this so I can ignore all the grammerticle errors in the post when I noticed the lack of cussin'. To make up for it, fuck, fuck, mother-mother fuck-fuck, noiche, noiche, noiche, one, two, one two three four, noiche, noiche, noiche,
smokin weed, smokin weed.
Doin' coke, drinkin beers. Drinkin beers, beers beers. Rollin' fatties, smokin blunts. Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah ha! Point well taken, Clive Dangerously. It is posts like these that make me happy again. ^_^

And if I had MTV, I wouldn't be here typing things on the Internet. Darn my lack of cable...