Monday, December 26, 2005

Kong: The Worst Movie Ever?

You'd better believe it.

Got back about 20 mintues ago from that travesty. I don't even know where to begin. The best way I can describe it is by referencing one scene about an hour and a half into the movie. The main lady, having entertained the ape before by doing some tricks, does the same tricks again, hoping to make him happy. He yawns. That pretty much sums the movie. Peter Jackson doing the same things he's done before, while I, a 60 foot gorilla, yawn. Here's another visual: Me looking over at my brother a few minutes after this scene to see him listening to his mp3 player.

Normally I'm upset when people talk during movies. But by the end of this one, I was wishing the country bumpkin a few rows back had decided to flirt with his sister instead of watch the movie. The movie was that bad. Even I was talking by the end. Talking about how bad it was. The acting. The special effects. The dialogue. The list goes on and on. This wouldn't have been a problem if everyone in the movie industry didn't want a chance to blow Peter Jackson's dork. Instead of telling him how awful and boring the movie was, the execs at Universal were like, "Yay! I loved it." Apparently, at a private screening for said execs, they decided to cut twenty seconds of footage. THE MOVIE IS THREE HOURS LONG AS IT IS. Could they really not have come up with more to cut? I could have. I would have cut the first hour and fifteen minutes and then the last 20 or so minutes. Only then would the high cheese factor have been bearable. Peter Jackson; you are on my list. My list of people who need to be hit in the face with a satchel of corn pone. You best watch out.

I typed this up last night but internet was being a bitch so I had to save it and post it now.

No comments: