Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Art Museum Fun Time

Actually, it was more of an "Art Museum Shitty Time". We went for my dad's birthday, and will likely never return to that shit hole. Wait in line for an hour or so, Go inside, wait some more, then pack into an elevator and proceed forward to the "Van Gogh" exhibit. Oooh, interesting. Oh, wait, I don't care. So I go in, expecting to see some paintings by some nut job who cut off his ear and mailed it to a lady friend, but what do I get? Paintings by every other crazy French/Dutch/whatever impressionist. No van Gogh. And plenty of shitty paintings. Of course, I lightened up the depressed artist mood by giving tours. Like the little audio tour thing they were handing out, I declared every picture my favorite and discussed how x represents capitalism/war/anything America is involved in and y represents peace/hippies/whatever contrasts America. Man, there were some shitty paintings there. Except there was this one, and it was, no joke, robots playing poker. Kick ass. According to the audio tour guide, it represented oppresion during World War One. I thought if represented four robots playing poker, but whatever. And there were all these arteests(that's the French/fancy/snobby way of pronouncing it) walking around, and I was all, "Lady, shave your 'legs/upper lip/what the FUCK is that?'!" Oh, yeah, the gift shop was full of over-priced crap. The "go van gogh" shirt was like 25 bucks. I was all, "Shit no." And the "robots playing poker" poster was 25 big ones too, so I again said "Shit no." My brother, grandfather and I all agreed that we'd hadenough culture for a day and the museum sucked. Considering that the three of us pretty heavily contrast, it's safe to assume that we were right.

No comments: