Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Daunting Task

Currently Listening To: Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails
There will likely not be a new post tomorrow, as I will be busy. From about 9 a.m. to midnight, I will be in the spooky basement, watching the ENTIRE Star Wars saga. Fifteen hours of nerdiness. Actually, I may start even earlier so the undesirables don't claim the T.V. first. So maybeI can wrap up by ten or eleven. I guess we'll see. I must say, this whole setting goals (I've wanted to do this for a while) is quite fun.

Now for some whining, because I know you love it. It's the possible part of a many-post arc of complaining about how the system at our school doesn't work. Let's start with, say, the department/department head portion. Oh, it's a great idea in theory. All the teachers in each department serve directly under one teacher deemed to be champion of the subject at hand, who keeps the other schlubs in check. But in one case that I'm well aware of, this isn't what is happening. This department is the one directly above the cafeteria, where students are lectured about dead people. Yeah, that one. Anyways, a CERTAIN teacher who is the head of the department also happens to teach three of the four available honors classes in there. "Where is the problem?" you ask. Well, my friend, the problem lies in the question of who keeps that teacher in check? How does one sort out issues with teachers through the department head when the departmen head is the teacher there's an issue with? How can one bring the problem with the fact that this teacher doesn't seem to want kids to succeed when you'd be talking about him, to him? You CAN'T. This is NOT GOOD. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it is bad. I think the root of the problem is teachers with rough school careers when they were students and now have power complexes. I don't know that this is the case for a fact, but it wouldn't suprose me. Treaty poorly by his peers so he passes the revenge along to a new generation.

That was fun.

1 comment:

Clive Dangerously said...

Shut up, you ho, I quit band long before you did.