Sunday, October 16, 2005

Currently Listening To: Kill Your Television by Ned's Atomic Dustbin
The Stones concert was mucho fun-o. The concert itself was great, but the EXTREMELY drunk couple in front of us was even better. I swear, if they hadn't left early to go have sex in the bathroom, the woman would have tumbled all the way down to the first row, which would have been a colossal drop, considering how high up we were. Watching the lighting guy climb from the are where the stage was up a rope ladder to the big screen in the middle of the roof was pretty funny too. Well, not funny, but interesting. You couldn't pay me enough to do that. Wilco, the opening band, was pretty good too. I smelled pot for the first time last night. I don't think I'll ever become a stoner because it smelled like shit. Haha, stoners at a Stones concert. Oh, and there were these evangelist guys standing outside yelling at everyone. "You save no time for Jesus with all the entertaining yourselves you do! Football games, Mercedes-Benz, Rolling Stones concert, but no time for Jesus!" And then this guy yells back at him, "You're goddamn right!" And then this one guy was pointing at the arena and saying "Whoremongers, homosexuals and hypocrites to my left!" I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't go left, too? Because he was a huge fucking hypocrite and I had to fight hard to resist the urge to throw him over a tall building. Way to be a freaking parrot, asshole.

Wow, that was a nice little rant, now wasn't it? Funny how I went from The stones to stoners to evangelist assholes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BWAHHHH! The Rolling Stones and Wilco on the same stage would be ORGASMIC. Why oh WHY does upstate NY NEVER GET ANY GOOD SHOWS. : p

-frustrated Abby