Saturday, October 01, 2005

Cosgrove In A Skirt, Among Other Things

Currently Listening To: I Turn My Camera On by Spoon
Recap of yesterday:
  1. I was wrong about Janisse Ray. She is a godless, tree hugging commie, for which I love her. Seriously. It takes a pair to go to the buckle of the Bible belt, admit to being a godless, tree hugging commie(except the commie part) and then try to hold people's attention. Very few people liked her speech, but I did. That being said, I don't think her plan will work. The number of people who will actually stop shopping at chain stores altogether, grow all their own food, buy a hybrid car and order more effecient appliances from Sweden is much smaller than the number who will even stop to entertain the idea. But nice try.
  2. Hella, hella long pep rally. What the hell was that? Everyone had left before it ended. Maybe people would have been interested if it wasn't like an hour long and the announcer wasn't really obnoxious. "More cheer than a laundry factory"? What the hell? Laundry factories? Damn, some people are stupid. Like the person who decided we should sing the fight song at the pep rally. The fight song no one at our school knows. Or the person who decided to make the pep rally mandatory. People like doing things less when they are mandatory. Like how people would rather jump out of a burning building and die rather than burning to death. People want to have control over their painful and agonizing death.
  3. Met my younger(not youngest) sister's little 'boyfriend' and all of my sister's friends. It seems like the 6th graders this year are more mature looking than the 7th and 8th graders. Some of them looked like freshman. I mean, holy shit Batman. They call me Fuzzy because of my shitty haircut.
  4. The play. It was the best play I've ever seen. It was also the second play I've ever seen. And I didn't see all of it. I would like to issue an appology to everyone who was in the play for falling asleep for about an hour during it. It wasn't boring, I was just tired. At 4 PM.
  5. Hanging out with those crazy dorm students. Ker-azy. And that one annoying freshman. Freshwoman. Whatever.
  6. The football game. This is where the Cos was spotted in a skirt. Not a kilt. He was wearing a cheerleading outfit. Here's why: Every week, popular-type juniors and seniors dress up in random costumes(Bleacher creatures) and come to the football game and get attention and get everyone in the crowd riled up. Lately, lesser beings on the food chain, like Cosgrove have been dressing up to, trying to fit in with the cool kids. Cosgrove even went as far as to make fun of 'poser' bleacher creatures, not realizing that he himself is one. That's right, I said it. Quit trying. Anyways, we lost the game. Well, they lost. I shouldn't say we because I am not on the team. I didn't contribute at all to the effort so I cannot take credit by saying we. And the other team, whose mascot is a dragon, had this huge wodden cut out of a dragon that spat out fire every time they got the ball. It looked like it was going to start a large forest fire that would've made Janisse Ray sick. And the little town the school is in was really poor and depressing. If you're ever feeling down, travel to Lindale, GA and see just how bad things could be.
So that's about the extent of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Releasing Blog Search
According to a Business Week article Yahoo will be releasing blog search sometime next week.
Join the only TV advertised affilated program and cash in on the masses that will be joiningTVCOOP.net

Anonymous said...

The dragon used to only spit fire when they got a touchdown, but apparently it's been a rough season for the dragons so they're making up for the lack of touchdowns with more gasoline...possibly? Whatever makes that god awful fire.

And so true about the "we lost" business. Remember, though, RESTORE THE ROAR...ALWAYS...

Bye Gaffers!

Clive Dangerously said...

Welcome back, Claire. You've only been gone like 6 months.