Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My dad is incredibly unselfish...

But he doesn't always think about what will happen because of his decisions.

Today, I learned that he agreed to be a "parent" for one of the boarding students at the private school. Basically, every once in a while, this boy or girl(I'm assuming it's a boy, but I could be wrong) will visit our house for the weekend. My parents will come to any games he plays in at school. Make him cookies every once in a while. Make him feel at home. What's the problem, you might ask? We live 60 miles from the school. My parents can barely make it to all of my chorus concerts(don't ask) and my brother and I's games. But now, they'll be adding another kid to this list. For four years. So in about two years, my folks will have to attend FIVE DIFFERENT KIDS' CONCERTS, GAMES, RECITALS, WHATEVER. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. Anyways, I'm well aware that my dad was just trying to do the right thing, but he obviously didn't look into this whole "Rome parent" thing before signing up for it.

Be prepared for a huge culture clash.

But it will be somewhat interesting. I've never met an Islamic person before. Maybe it won't be all that bad. I just hope the guy's nice. And that I don't say anything insensitive.

1 comment:

Clive Dangerously said...

Nah, most people wouldn't get it. No one's got a decent sense of humor anymore. Adam Sandler? Pfft.