Monday, August 08, 2005

iTunes Rant

Currently Listening To: Not anything in iTunes

iTunes is really pissing me off. I use iTunes because I'm trying to do the right thing. Though helping the Man probably isn't the right thing to do. But anyways, I was buying some songs today, and as I was going down the list of songs I want that I had written up, I kept finding that the songs I had my eyes on were listed as "Album Only." I don't want the whole album. I wanted ONE SONG. iTunes really has me by the nuts here. If I were to say, "Okay, I'll buy the album," but now some albums, namely the ones I want songs off of, cost two dollars more (So essentially what you pay in the store.) so you can get crap like music videos and artist interviews. I don't want that stuff. I JUST WANT THE FUCKING SONG. ONE FUCKING SONG. Is it really that hard? And wasn't that the selling point for iTunes? Only get the music you want, pay a dollar per song, etc.? But now I have to pay 12 bucks for one mother humping song. DAMN YOU iTUNES! Of course, I didn't cave and buy the whole albums. You can't let the Man win. See, buying songs is just keeping him at bay. Caving and buying the whole album for one song is letting him win. There's a difference.

Right now I'm watching Resident Evil with the commentary on, which is basically the same as watching the movie without the commentary because they went for at least 5 minutes with no commentating. Evidently Milla didn't understand the meaning of a commentary before recording it, and Michelle Rodreguiez had never seen the whole movie. And every few minutes, Michelle mispronounces Milla's last name and Milla goes absolutely balistic. Oh the hilarity.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, look who it is. At least you buy iTunes. It's the good people like you that keep the bad seeds like me safe. YES!

Just for that, tell me what you want, I'll download it, and "accidently" send it to you. It's THAT simple.

But, here's a tradgedy for you. I want this one song called "Nights and Weekends" by The Starting Line and I can't find it anywhere because it was a bonus track on the Japanese release. So, I consulted iTunes with no luck. And yesterday, when I was buying my signature pack of black BIC pens, they had this advertisment for a free song on buy.com. Yeah, they didn't have it either. In fact, the ONLY website that's selling it is, oh yes, Walmart.com. And, to make matters worse, I think they sell it in .wma format.

BEARSHARE, here I come!

Clive Dangerously said...

Thanks for the music Claire. And thanks to the magic of loopholes, neither of us have committed a crime, as anything and everything you do/say in an AIM coversation becomes property of AOL. That makes AOL a gang of pirates.