Saturday, August 13, 2005

Wookie Dance Party



Yesterday I saw a bumpersticker that said "The Best Things In Life Aren't Things", which caused a fo' serious flashback. It was in 8th grade, in science class and there was this sign that said, brace yourself for this one... "The Best Things In Life Aren't Things". And Jeff Grizzard, whose family is absolutely loaded, asked the teacher how the best things could get away with not being things. She replied with all of that "money-doesn't-buy-happiness-bullshit" and went on about how he couldn't understand because he had so many things. If I had a million dollars, I would be happy, no doubt. I guarantee if I had a large sum of money, I would be plenty satisfied. And then Clay took this picture of a harbor (I guess we were learning about like waves and they were using an ocean metaphor because the book would be too easy for a remedial science. Seriously, it was so watered down and stupid and easy.



For serious.) Anyways, Clay wrote next to all of the boats "Jeff's Boat" or "Jeff's Mom's Boat" and he wrote "Jeff's Family's Harbor" because they are loaded, for serious. This reminds me of another memory of 8th grade science, when we were doing some boring crap, and Clay just randomly blurted out a dead baby joke, which were the big thing in middle school. So tasteless, yet so funny at the same time. But not to all of those teachers with newborns. Ah, reminiscing about good times. Well that was fun, I should do it more often. Yes, that's it! There will defs be more great me-memories, because I know you sorry sonsabitches love them. LOVE THEM.

No comments: