Sunday, July 31, 2005

Currently Watching: The Butterfly Effect

I've thought it was August for the past week or so. Is it August? I don't know. I'd say I don't care and be a rebel and that shit, but I really do care. The question still stands. August: yay or nay?

So like I said the other day, I rented XXX2. Well I was reading the box on it because I was bored. There was a review on it that said "The best action movie of the year." How the fuck can you know that, considering it came out in like March? So I came to the conclusion that movie critics suck. Their reviews are worth about as much as something with virtually no worth at all. Take a look at some of these:
"Exuberant and insidiously funny"-a review for Zoolander. Do you think the average person who would have interest in that movie has the slightest idea what that means? Same goes for the guy who said Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a 'blast of comic irreverence'.
"Totally cool!" - a review for The Day After Tomorrow. Good to see that 4th graders can be movie critics too.
"...Smart..." -a review for The Bourne Supremacy. Hmm, I was under the impression that movies couldn't be intelligent, because they're MOVIES FOR GOD'S SAKE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Just like the guy who called some other movie 'sexy'. Oh, so now you want to have sex with a movie? WHAT. THE. HELL.
Now I'd like to bitch'n'moan about something even worse: PANSY 'ROCK'. My sisters and their friends are listening to some shitass NOW CD, and they've gone back to putting non-rap/hiphop on there. Too bad they're putting Pussy McBitches like GAVIN DEGRAW and...
and RYAN CABRERRA. And that God-forsaken Rise Against. Don't even get me started on "punk rockers" like Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne and the other pieces of shit on that CD. This stuff is doing for rock/alternative/all the other names for it what movies like The Ring/The Grudge/Boogeyman/ etc. did for horror movies; it convinced 5th through 8th graders they can handle awesome stuff. Let's take some of these kids who watched The Ring and thought they were big horror movie fans and show them A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween or Alien. They would absolutely shit themselves. Especially after what happened to Johnny Depp in the former. But back to the original rant: whenever I go to a music store, I feel like I've been given an estrogen shot when I go into the rock section. And it sucks.

The Bravery>The Killers

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Word, Clive Dangerously.

Well, especially with the music bits. I can't stand listening to good radio stations like my favorite Alternative Rock station because they've begun to play Avril Lavigne and... Kelly Clarkston on it.

I was under the impression that Avril and Kelly were pop singers. My mistake. /sarcasm