Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tom Cruise Is A Shitty Father

Was Watching: War of the Worlds

I know what you want me to say. Well, not what you want, but what you expect me to say. You expect me to say "It sucked." So I will. It sucked. But I don't mean it. I didn't like it, but it was a great movie. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. It's a great movie but I didn't like it. I've spent the last two hours thinking about how that can be possible but it is beyond me. Anyways, I think the reason I don't like it is because it was just so fucking depressing. Most of the time in a distasterous movie like this, or a zombie movie, or a shitty-weather movie ( I love the Day After Tomorrow! So much! It's awesome!), millions upon millions of people die. Millions of millions of people die in this one, but the actually show a large number of them dying. People being disintegrated, people drowning, people being drained of their blood, people being crushed, bodies floating in rivers. In those other movies, a large percentage of the deaths are shown off screen or implied. In zombie movies, you don't see most of the people who die dying. You see them after they died, and after they came back from the dead. But War of the Worlds is just plain "fucking disturbing". I really could have gone without the disintegration bit. Maybe I wouldn't be so bothered by that if I wasn't feeling so down lately. Notice I didn't say 'depressed', because no professional has ever told me I am depressed, so I probably am not. But if I did say I was depressed, I would have said I suffered from self-diagnosed depression. It's important for people to know that you're not really depressed so then they don't feel unnecessary pity for you. Remember kids, if you're e-depressed, don't lie to people about it. And if you're real depressed, don't tell Tom Cruise because he'll just tell you it's because you're possessed by dead aliens and that you can feel better by giving money to L. Ron Hubbard. And Dakota Fanning is scary. I mean, that bitch is pretty blove. And she screams a lot. My dad was like, "I would have left her ass behind a long time ago." She kept screaming! And his son was an ass too. He kept running off. I mean, I know that wealthy New England teens have a lot of angst, but when the world is being leveled by giant robots, you better fucking listen to Tom Cruise. I mean, your dad. You don't just run off. He ran away like five times. Good job, dumbass. If I were Tom Cruise and my kids were being bitchy during the end of the world, I would have said, "Okay, stay at home and we'll see who survives." For once, I want to see a family in a disaster movie NOT be dysfunctional. They're just a big, happy family fighting aliens/zombies/weather/commies/Nazis/terrorists. None of this drama bullshit, just stuff blowing up. And kicking some serious alien/zombie/weather/commie/Nazi/terrorist ass. And at what point do you say to yourself, "I look like Tom Cruise, my daughter looks like Dakota Fanning and my ex looks like that chick from that one movie, chances are, I'm in an action movie and even though everything goes to hell, we're still gonna pull through." How the fuck do you not notice that you look like a certain movie star and your life is really just a movie? And afterwards, we went to Hooters. Every time we go to Hooters, I can't help but laugh because my dad is the only person who goes for the wings, and you can sure as hell tell. He just watches T.V. and eats the wings, almost oblivious to what is going on. Cracks me up. Well, anyways, like I said earlier, it is rude to blow people up. Very impolite. Terrible manners.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So it's good, but you don't like it. Okay... I think I get it...!!

I absolutely hate movies like this... Day After Tomorrow for one... I never enjoy a bunch of people being killed/maimed/massacred/stomped on/drained/disintegrated/genocided etc. The movie Titanic is a superb example of this. Bunch of people die but directors only focus on two people...!

Ah well... Hollywood is dying. I needa see a good movie.