Monday, July 25, 2005

Disney No Longer Worried About Running Out Of Ideas For Movies

Currently Listening To: l Love You 'Cause I Have To by Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Seeing as they can just rip off Marvel comics-turned-movies, like they have already begun doing. Take a look:
Fantastic Four- Four super heroes; one can turn into fire, one who is really strong(also made of rock), one can stretch a good bit and into cool shapes and such and the last can turn invisible and make force fields
The Incredibles- Four super heroes, but hey, these guys and gals are a REAL family so it doesn't count! Anyways, one is strong, but that doesn't necesarily mean they're copying, right? That's fairly common to have your hero be supa strong, so no harm done there. Then we have the fast kid, no connection to FF there, except that the Human Torch can fly fast. Again, not an idea that was too original in the first place. Then we have the mom, who can stretch. Same story there. But then we get to the daughter. This is where the Incredibles' defense falls apart almost immediately. She can turn invisible and she can make force fields and shit. I didn't watch the whole thing, so I don't know what the bad guy's powers or the the baby's powers were, but one can only assume they were similar to Fantastic Four.

The second comparison is between Disney's newest movie, Sky High and X-Men(the movie). I've only seen the trailer of Sky High, but it's fairly obvious that it's a rip off of X-Men AND Fantastic Four:
X-Men-School for mutants (kids with powers), run by guy with mind powers, not particularly nice kid with flame-throwing abilities (Pyro), new kid struggling to fit in/gain acceptance with just about everyone there is (Rogue)
Sky High- School for future superheroes (kids with powers), run by guy with mind powers (I'm just guessing but he does have a colossal head, so I'm probably right. Hell, I'm always right, bitch.), bully with flame throwing powers (mean kid who throws fire at main kid), new kid struggling to fit in/finding his powers/please his parents (the main kid). On top of that, one kid can turn into rocks. I feel that I have well-supported my theory. And I know what comes next. "Oh, but all MARVEL comics have guys with the same powers!" Well that's because they were pretty much all written by the same guy. And he's an old guy. What can you expect? Besides, if there weren't any duplicate MARVEL heroes, we'd have some guy who is a supposed bad ass whose power is like the ability to fluff pillows or pick up litter at the speed of light. I think you bastards need to learn to appreciate me more. I went through a lot of ANGUISH AND PAIN* to gather the info for that rant, and this is the thanks I get? You ungrateful assholes.

I also had a great rant about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas planned out, but my opinion, which I developed before reading Maddox's theory, is pretty much the same. I'm not trying to be like him, I just have the same opinion as him. So sue me. Instead, you get to read a rant about the Subway guy. And how much of a hypocrite he is. Have you seen that commercial where he's whining and griping about chicken from McDonald's and Burger King? "Oh, it's covered in grease and deep fat fried and it's not real chicken! Waa! Waa!" Hey, Jared, why don't you SHUT THE HELL UP. YOU WEREN'T COMPLAINING WHEN YOU WERE SHOVELLING THAT SHIT DOWN YOUR THROAT SEVEN YEARS AGO YOU FAT ASSHOLE. Wait, maybe I was wrong. In fact, I'm sure I was. I know for a fact the Jared got fat after years of eating salad and grilled chicken and whole wheat bread and all kinds of other healthy crap. DAMN THAT HYPOCRITE PISSES ME OFF.

*
a lot of ANGUISH AND PAIN= me watching the trailer for Sky High

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No respect for Disney?? My wife works for Disney in Washington, DC--you trying to take food off my table?

Clive Dangerously said...

Funny, my aunt works for Disney in Washington as well. Does your name happen to be Kevin?